Assistant General Manager
Position Opportunity: Reading Terminal Market Assistant General Manager
Reading Terminal Market Corporation is a 501c3 non-profit organization tasked with maintaining the architectural and historical character and function of the Reading Terminal Market as a public market providing a wide variety of fresh and prepared foods.
Reading Terminal Market seeks a collaborative, detail and process oriented individual who will help lead a multi-faceted team responsible for the day-to-day operations of the historic Reading Terminal Market. The position reports directly to the General Manager and takes primary responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day maintenance and operations of the Market’s 127 year old building. The Assistant General Manager must be able to multi-task, respond in a dynamic environment and simultaneously establish proactive, regular processes to ensure the building is clean, safe and well maintained. This individual must also work collaboratively with the over eighty businesses within the Market, the Reading Terminal Market’s Board of Directors, the Market’s maintenance and security teams, relevant City of Philadelphia departments, etc. The goal is to ensure a first-class facility for customers to patronize, merchants to operate within and all other stakeholders to experience every time they visit the Market.
- Establish schedules, duties and expectations for Market maintenance team, and ensure that all cleaning tasks are completed on a regular basis; pre-authorize overtime and submit payroll for maintenance team;
- Create training protocols and orientation procedures for new maintenance team hires;
- Monitor, trouble-shoot and follow up on quality control issues with respect to sanitation, security, and pest control on the Market floor, basement, service alley, trash room and perimeter sidewalks.
- Maintain a frequent physical presence on the Market floor, basement, trash room and service alley
- Monitor, report and follow up on issues and problems in the Market throughout the day
- Coordinate with Operations Manager on capital project implementation and mechanical/system repairs and ensure they are being completed as timely as possible;
- Create process for maintenance request work-order submissions and ensure they are indexed and tracked in maintenance tracking software;
- Prepare reports for General Manager and RTMC Board Building Committee on work-order requests, completion time and cost;
- Negotiate, manage and monitor security, system maintenance and pest control contracts.
- Manage, monitor and order supplies and materials for housekeeping, security, and pest control; perform inventory control and cost management
- Maintain necessary accounts and records to support Market security, housekeeping and pest control contracts.
- Monitor and authorize payment of vendor invoices by accounting code.
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental codes, laws, rules and regulations; serve as a liaison to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
- Monitor and maintain the appearance of vacant retail spaces.
- Provide support to marketing and promotional programs & special events
- Interface with merchants on quality control issues
- Assist Controller and General Manager in preparing operating and capital budgets.
- Serve as initial point of contact for emergency repair response
- Other duties as required and/or directed by the General Manager.
- Must be willing to work regular weekend hours.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and list of three references directly to Anuj Gupta, email@example.com
. Only applications under consideration will receive a response.
Assistant General Manager
||Reading Terminal Market Corporation
||85,000 - 95,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, business administration, engineering, or related field;
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in facilities planning and/or capital program management. Experience with facilities operations and maintenance desired, preferably in a food service environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex capital projects on time and on budget;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage operating and substantial capital budgets;
- Proficiency with project management and spread sheet/data base software including the Microsoft Office suite and E-Maint or similar software;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with managers, peers and subordinates; superior interpersonal ability; ability to work with a diverse workforce; tactful; mature; flexible;
- Strong analytical and business skills;
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to manage priorities in accordance with the Market’s mission and within overall financial and strategic objectives;
- Proven executive abilities: planning; communicating; managing talent in a competitive environment; and executing to achieve goals;
- Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and to consistently meet timelines and budget expectations; Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including written and oral presentations;
- Demonstrated experience working in complex institutional settings; managing change; and working across disciplines within an organization. An ability to quickly engender respect while building organizational understanding of Facilities related goals, milestones and expectations;
- A leadership style that inspires confidence and encourages excellence and unfailing professional integrity;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
||This listing expires on: 10/6/2020