Job Description Summary
This is a full-time management position, with a focus on facility operations, financial management, risk management, center aesthetic, customer experience, and vendor management. Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day facilities operations of an urban Shopping Center property and affiliated business units including budgeting (operational and capital), expense control, tenant construction, preventative maintenance program management, managing all building components (including HVAC, plumbing, Fire/Life Safety, and electrical systems), managing contractor and vendor relationships, administering contracts, supervising contract maintenance, and janitorial operations; coordinating the company’s risk management program within the respective center, maintaining the aesthetic of the center, and maximizing the customer experience. The Facilities Manager is responsible for the physical facilities and delivers service levels appropriate for an iconic shopping destination.
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall and maintaining ownership standards.
- Coordinate with REA partners when appropriate.
- Utilize the Building Engines, Honest Building, Goby, and other software platforms to efficiently manage the operations of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases, and ensuring these tools are fully utilized.
- Control expenses including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
- Responsible for minimizing the utility utilization at the center level, including electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, and other externally-provided resources which are critical to the operation of the center
- Responsible for the timely implementation of operational capital projects according to approved budget amounts. Additionally, responsible for the compilation, submittal, approval, closure, and reporting of the center’s operational capital budget items.
- Assist with the reforecast of the operating budget and preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets.
- Undertake financial analysis of operating costs and expenses to identify cost savings, efficiencies and economies of scale to reduce spending.
- Responsible for managing results-oriented contract services, including bids, negotiation, renewals, payment, supervision and termination. All bids to be conducted in compliance with company guidelines and with the utmost integrity at all times.
- Manage the on-site building and tenant construction / services and coordination working with corporate tenant coordinators, contractors, and city building departments to complete construction on schedule and according to approved plans.
- Work closely with the One Liberty operations and engineering team.
- Supervise and oversee the janitorial, engineering, and maintenance functions, including walk-throughs, meetings and work orders.
- Responsible for the on-site waste management and recycling program and the center-level relationship with the company’s waste management partner.
- Coordinate with onsite logistics manager as it relates to loading dock access/deliveries and screening
- Maintain a responsive open-line of communication with the tenants, including handling tenant complaints, operational considerations and regular fire and life safety system.
- Inspect the interior/exterior of the building on a daily basis and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
- Maintain all fire and life safety systems according to local code
- Maintain liaison with various city departments on building and safety issues. Resolves municipal issues in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Provide regular monthly reviews of center incident reports and trends, and implements appropriate programs to minimize incidents of risks within the responsible center.
- Ensure center compliance with all safety programs
- Assist with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the center-level management team.
- Manage and oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
- Attend required training classes and programs, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
||Cushman & Wakefield
|Posting Start Date:
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- Not less than ten (10) years’ prior facilities management experience, preferably in a complex retail/commercial/hospitality setting
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Knowledge/experience with central plant operations preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage customer, staff, contractor, governmental, retailer and REA relationships.
- Ability to manage, monitor and develop subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the center.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and lease plans.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines.
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies. We have a strong preference for permanent residency within a 30 minute drive of the responsible location.
- Must be highly organized.
- Professional Designations from BOMA-Institute, Institute for Facilities Management (IFM), Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM).
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and experience with performance-based contracting, including preparation of the RFP and bid package, bid analysis and involvement in contract negotiations.
- Familiarity and experience managing union trade’s workers service providers.
- Familiarity and experience with computer-based work order systems, Building Engines preferred.
- Familiarity and comfort with automated building systems, EMS (“Energy Management Systems”) and other enterprise software systems.
||This listing expires on: 1/9/2021