We are currently seeking a HVAC Technician to join JLL Markets Property Management in the University City section of Philadelphia. This individual will largely be responsible for preventive and reactive maintenance for hvac systems / components.
|Posting Start Date:
- HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment located in the interior and exterior of a portfolio of buildings of the University of Pennsylvania Campus.
- Conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Monitors operation of the mechanical operating equipment.
- Assist when necessary the Chief or Mechanics in overseeing and monitoring the operation and make adjustment of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Communicates with other JLL personnel, tenants and the Client, regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities in a multi-skilled team environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance rounds on a weekly, monthly and annual basis and enters inspections into CMMS in a timely and concise manner.
- Performs preventive maintenance, rounds and meter reads on all HVAC equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to designated area, and unused supplies to storage, reporting any impending supply or material shortages and advising the Chief Engineer of any equipment problems.
- Performs combustion analysis and adjusts boilers on annual basis, Is familiar with routine water treatment testing, has experience punching tubes on chillers and performing winter and summer startups of chillers, boilers, cooling towers, DOAS and the like.
- Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (single & two speed); install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous/universal waste materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
o High school diploma or state equivalent required.
o Completion of apprentice program preferred.
o Trade schooling preferred.
o Minimum eight year’s experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
§ Must possess Universal EPA license
o OR minimum eight year’s experience as Stationary Engineer
§ City of Philadelphia Class “A” license preferred
- Special knowledge and skills:
o Skilled in use of tools and machinery common to trade and craft.
o Knowledge of OSHA standards and City Codes with respect to safe working conditions electrical systems.
o Familiar with computer equipment and programs. Able to use hand-held and desktop devices to communicate and maintain service documentation and access and update asset information via Facility Management Work Order System.
o Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
- Working Environment
o May be only maintenance staff member on duty at times; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
o On-Call duties on a rotating basis required.
o Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50lbs of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders).
- Personal characteristics:
o Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
||This listing expires on: 9/25/2021