The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for establishing, promoting, and maintaining positive relations with tenants through regular and proactive communication and regular follow-up. This position will provide Property Manager(s) with administrative support and updated status reports on current tasks, objectives, projects, and action items on a regular basis. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the contract administration and assisting the Property Scheduler with coordination and scheduling of the daily work of all contractors and vendors providing services to UCSC/RPI tenants. The APM will be responsible to obtain Tenant permission for scheduled services requiring access to their space.
The Assistant Property Manager has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with service contractors, tenants, and vendors. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent the UCSC in a professional manner.
The Assistant Property Manager will report directly to the Property Manager, provide support to the Property Managers and participate in department activities as necessary.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Prepare and administer service agreements and contracts to ensure delivery of appropriate services, by outside vendors and contractors.
- Participate and provide administrative support in the vendor selection process.
- Provide contract and service agreement administration services.
- Create and track purchase orders for Property Managers and/or Operations approval.
- Provide financial management support in areas such as budget preparation and budget variance analysis, reviewing and coding invoices, and accounts receivables efforts.
- Regular communication with tenants regarding building operation updates. Coordinate with Property Scheduler who handles work orders follow-up.
- Create and track storage leases for UCSC/Ventas properties.
- Create and track Right of Entry (ROE) Agreements for UCSC/Ventas properties as needed.
- Create and track monthly UCSC/Ventas tenant billable invoices.
- Support the Property Manager in various projects and tasks as assigned and act in their absence as necessary.
- Conduct regular property inspections (minimum of one building per month) as directed by the Property Manager.
- Analyze current maintenance programs/procedures and make recommendations to Property Managers that ensures operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage tenant move-in/move-outs to include certificates of insurance, signage, move management, storage leases, closeout, and inspection.
- Update all applicable UCSC/Ventas databases.
- Update and maintain security schedules and building access systems as back-up to Director of Security.
- Assist the Property Manager in the preparation of RFP packages for bidding and compile results in order to select most comprehensive and competitive bid.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of property management principles and administration.
- Knowledge of contract administration.
- Knowledge of basic accounting systems and practices.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used for building operations, projects, programs and maintenance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicates with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates ability to execute daily and special project goals by carefully setting priorities, meeting deadlines, delegating appropriately, and scheduling time efficiently.
- Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner and follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Familiarity with Yardi, Nexus, Box, DocuSign, and Building Engines.
- Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all UCSC in-services as required.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of property management experience. High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) with a concentration in Business is preferred.
Certification: Real Property Administration (RPA) certification through the Building Owners & Management Association (BOMA) is preferred, or employee must obtain certification within five years of employment. Necessary CEU’s must be obtained to maintain certification.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email email@example.com.
About the Science Center
Located in the heart of uCity Square, the Science Center is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that catalyzes and connects innovation to entrepreneurship and technology commercialization. For 50+ years, the Science Center has supported startups, research, and economic development in the life sciences, healthcare, physical sciences, and emerging technology sectors. As a result, graduate firms and current residents of the Science Center’s incubator support one out of every 100 jobs in the Greater Philadelphia region and drive $13 billion in economic activity in the region annually. By providing resources and programming for any stage of a business’s lifecycle, the Science Center helps scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators take their concepts from idea to IPO – and beyond.
For more information about the Science Center, go to www.sciencecenter.org