The Primary Responsibility of the Property Manager is to oversee our expanding portfolio of properties. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of property management: coordinating repairs, scheduling preventive maintenance, staff supervision, negotiating and maintaining contracts, establishing accurate budgets, setting, and managing project schedules, as well as developing and maintaining relationships with tenants and contractors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily management and oversite of existing portfolio.
- Correspond in person and in writing proactively and reactively to tenants. Provide superior customer service. Maintain strong tenant relations.
- Provide 24 hours coverage to meet the emergency needs of tenants, buildings, and management.
- Perform or assist with the following: Hire, train, manage, motivate, mentor, review, discipline and terminate employees of property team. Property team may consist of employees such as Associate Property Manager, Administrative Assistant/CSC, and Maintenance Technician.
- Inspect and arrange for building repairs, track and assure satisfactory completion of repair. Oversee work order process.
- Arrange for preventive maintenance of building mechanics, systems, and components at scheduled intervals.
- Willing and able to occasionally climb roof access ladders to inspect flat roofs and HVAC units. (move)
- Renew mechanical & operational permits, certificates, licenses & contract service agreements.
- Contract and schedule performance of building services, oversee the bid process, negotiate vendor contracts, assure compliance with our insurance requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee multiple projects simultaneously, oversee the bid process, negotiate contracts, provide decision logic for selected vendor, assure adherence to insurance, permit and governmental compliance.
- Renovate buildings, work with contractors through the process of bidding, insurance, budgets, schedules and delivery of finished product.
- Recommend, bid, and coordinate capital improvements. Verify satisfactory completion of work
- Establish and maintain accurate operating budgets and manage the properties according to the approved budgets.
- Submit weekly reports on status of projects and property issues; provide monthly budget variance reports.
- Resolve Landlord building violations to full satisfaction of governing agencies.
- Enforce the Tenants compliance with building codes and the Tenants resolution of violations they are obligated to cure
- Review leases with ability to comprehend Landlord vs Tenant lease responsibilities and enforce compliance
- Monitor tenant build-outs and ensure tenants obtain and close out any required permits
- Assist in the pursuit of new business.
- Engage vendors for environmental investigation and remediation when applicable
- Review and approve invoices for payment
- Regularly exercises good judgment and decision-making logic to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Company departments, including Acquisitions, Leasing, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting
- Maintain familiarity with building codes, technological advances and industry best practices.
||Workspace Property Management
||$80,000 to $95,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Previous Commercial management experience with excellent operational skills a must, preferably three (3) to five (5) years.
- Leadership qualities- ability to influence, compel, and guide direct employees, vendors, and others, to meet company requirements and objectives.
- Excellent verbal skills. Accurate with punctuation, grammar, and etiquette with all written communications. A working knowledge of MS Word & Outlook.
- Solid Excel skills. Capacity to explain, analyze, and assemble budgets, variances annual reconciliations, general ledgers, and A/R reports.
- Ability to learn new software, MRI Accounting Software, Yardi and Kardin Budget Software, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task. Obligation and ability to interact with all governing agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of building components, systems, and mechanics (roof, HVAC elevators, boilers, fire systems, waterproofing etc.)
- Ability to perform visual inspections of all aspects of property, including flat roofs, roof top HVAC units, landscaping, construction projects, etc. This includes occasionally climbing roof access ladders and walking on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to handle the pressure of a dynamic work environment track projects & meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to overcome project hurdles and setbacks.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- Ability to read, understand, and administer leases, building plans, insurance certificates contracts, and other property documents.
- Proof of full COVID vaccine is required with consideration for accommodation for medical or religious based reasons.
- Valid driver’s license along with good driving record and insured vehicle to travel to multiple properties.
||This listing expires on: 9/8/2022