Senior Property Manager
The primary responsibility of the Senior Property Manager is to oversee our expanding portfolio of properties. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of property management: coordinating repairs, scheduling preventive maintenance, tenant improvements, staff supervision, negotiating and maintaining contracts and certificates of insurance, establishing accurate budgets, setting and managing project schedules, as well as developing and maintaining relationships with tenants and contractors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily management and oversite of existing portfolio.
- Provide top-notch customer service to tenants. Correspond with and maintain tenant relations. Always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Responsible for employee selection, employee training, employee evaluations, employee termination, and implementation of all other employment decisions for employees with a direct report in accordance with human resource policies and procedures and guidance from supervisor all in accordance with the law.
- Lead and supervise team consisting of Property Manager, Building Engineer/Technicians and Office Administration. Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counselling and leadership.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Willing and able to occasionally climb roof access ladders to inspect flat roofs and HVAC units.
- Arrange for preventive maintenance of building mechanics, systems and components at scheduled intervals. Resolve Landlord building violations to full satisfaction of governing agencies.
- Renew mechanical & operational permits, certificates, licenses & contract service agreements.
- Contract and schedule performance of building services, oversee the bid process, negotiate vendor contracts, assure compliance with our insurance requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee multiple projects simultaneously, oversee the bid process, negotiate contracts, provide decision logic for selected vendor, assure adherence to insurance, permit and governmental compliance.
- Renovate buildings, work with contractors through the process of bidding, insurance, budgets, schedules and delivery of finished product.
- Recommend, bid and coordinate capital improvements.
- Coordinate, bid, and manage tenant improvements as needed. Inspect and arrange for building repairs, track and assure satisfactory completion of repair.
- Enforce the Tenants compliance with building codes and the Tenants resolution of violations they are obligated to cure.Maintain familiarity with building codes, technological advances and industry best practices.
- Review leases with ability to comprehend Landlord vs Tenant lease responsibilities and enforce compliance.
- Engage vendors for environmental investigation and remediation when applicable
- Establish and maintain accurate operating budgets.
- Review operating expense variance reports on a monthly and/or quarterly basis. Manage building operating expenses to minimize excessive positive or negative variances.
- Review account receivables on a weekly basis; research and resolve payment issues, collect outstanding amounts due.
- Review and approve invoices for payment.
- Regularly exercises good judgment and decision-making logic to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Company departments, including Acquisitions, Leasing, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting.
Senior Property Manager
||Workspace Property Trust
||115,000 to $122,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional affiliation with BOMA, IREM or IFMA preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Management experience must include the management of a team of employees consisting of Managers, Maintenance personnel and Office Administration.
- Previous commercial management experience with excellent operational skills a must, preferably five (5) to ten (10) years.
- General knowledge and understanding of building components, systems and mechanics (roof, elevators, boilers, fire systems, water proofing etc.).
- Ability to handle the pressure of a dynamic work environment track projects & meet deadlines.
- Proper licensure required with applicable state real estate commission if required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task Obligation and ability to interact with all governing agencies.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to overcome project hurdles and setbacks.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- Ability to read building plans.
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook is necessary with ability. to learn new software, Yardi, preferred.
||This listing expires on: 4/23/2022