We are in search of a highly skilled Chief Engineer to join our dynamic team in Philadelphia!
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall supervision of the engineering department within the facility assigned. These duties include but are not limited to the installation, repair and maintenance of the facility equipment. The oversight and upkeep of the physical plant, including grounds, utility services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical system, electronic equipment, yard and pavement upkeep in the best manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and to coordinate these activities as needed.
The Chief Engineer oversees the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
- If you’re looking for an opportunity with a competitive benefits package and to be appreciated while in the driver’s seat of your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for sharp, energetic people.Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to subordinates in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures.
- Performs equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, ensuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with Able Engineering standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
- Direct or participate in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
- Formulates, recommends and implements site specific policies and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations.
- Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility. This plan includes a long-term engineering capital plan.
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provides assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
- Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance and evaluates results. Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with supervisors and employees. Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes. Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering personnel.
- Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards. Promotes good housekeeping principles and supervises housekeeping details.
- Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility. Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
|Posting Start Date:
- 5+ years progressive operations experience preferred. Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Chief Engineer.
- Highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license
- BOMA accredited courses desirable
- High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification preferred
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching and training skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
||This listing expires on: 8/2/2022