Building Engineer - Union
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing or arranging for the repairing of
all building operating systems on the Center City (Market West) site. Must have reliable
transportation and be available for after hours emergency calls.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance and repairs tothe buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must be familiar
with the location and have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical,
HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper
operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
- Conducts periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical,
HVAC, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment,
cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, lights, flushometers,
etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include, but are not
limited to; air handling units, cooling towers, re-circulating air systems, electrical
systems, water pumping systems, fire and life safety systems and all plumbing
system components. Also conducts general building maintenance, as needed.
- Be responsive to tenant service requests in the areas of safety, plumbing,
mechanical, electrical, carpentry and environmental needs through both personal
contact and work order systems.
- Must cover 1 week per month for emergency on-call coverage, as well as cover after
hours air if the need arises.
- Maintains logs of equipment, work orders and tenant requests.
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems.
- Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the
continuous operation of the site.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.
- Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job
- May perform other duties as assigned.